Subscription-free weather for the iPad
Garmin was first to introduce datalink weather for portable devices over a decade ago, forever changing the way pilots fly. Now Garmin is bringing the benefits of in-flight weather to your iPad – without a monthly subscription. The new GDL 39 is a compact, portable ADS-B receiver that delivers weather, traffic and GPS information to the cockpit all in one package.
- Subscription-free ADS-B weather, including animated NEXRAD radar, METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, TFRs and more
- Dual band receiver (978 UAT and 1090 ES) allows for reception of ADS-B traffic, with Garmin's TargetTrend display
- Built-in WAAS GPS delivers accurate position data for moving map features
- Bluetooth connection to your iPad allows for two devices to wirelessly connect simultaneously
- View complete status information in the Garmin Pilot app
Requires cigarette lighter cable (included, works with 12 or 24 volt systems) or battery pack (not included) for operation. ADS-B coverage varies by location and altitude – does not work on the ground in most locations. Coverage not available outside US.
Not all traffic will be shown; coverage will vary based on equipment and nearby aircraft. In order to maximize available traffic information for the display, the aircraft should also be equipped with a compliant ADS-B Out solution like the GDL 88 or GTX 330ES/33/23 ES transponders.