The KIWI Bluetooth is a plug-and-play wireless device measuring only 2.75 x 1.25 x 0.6 inches. It comes with an attached 6 foot OBDII cable for easy installation, and a built-in power switch to prevent from having to constantly disconnect the unit to save the vehicle’s battery. The KIWI Bluetooth is compatible with vehicles listed in the chart below and is extremely simple to connect your Android OS-based mobile device with a new Bluetooth connection.
Works with popular Android interface apps such as Torque (shown), OBDroid, Voyager Dash, and more
How It Works
The KIWI Bluetooth is an easy-to-use hardware device which allows you to wirelessly connect your vehicle’s onboard computer (ECU) to your Android OS-based smartphone. The connection is made through the OnBoard Diagnostic port (OBDII) and is therefore only compatible with vehicles that use OBDII After downloading and installing one of the many applications found on the Android Market (Torque/Torque Free, aIOBD ScanGenPro, OBDroid-Pro, OBDroid-Free, VoyagerDash, sold separately), you can be monitoring your vehicle’s performance in no time.
About PLX Devices
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, PLX Devices specializes in creating innovative automotive and consumer gadgets. PLX Devices was started in 2003 after recent college graduate, Paul Lowchareonkul, created his own Air Fuel Ratio sensor module since the then-current market offerings could not fulfill his need. From its humble beginnings, PLX Devices has since won many top industry awards and offers its products worldwide. All products are designed for fast, easy installation and are created with the latest technologies to provide the best user experience possible.
- Wireless communication with Android OS-based smartphones
- Small and compact design
- Installs in less than 10 seconds
- Can be mounted out of plain view
- Compatible with 1996 and later vehicles (United States)
What’s in the Box
PLX Devices KIWI Bluetooth Auto Interface Tool, Quick Start guide, 1-year limited warranty.
- Dimensions: 1.25" x 2.75" x 0.7"
- Weight: 5 oz
- Cable: 6 feet / 1.83 meters
- Enclosure: Automotive-Grade Plastic
- Operating Voltage: 10V – 18V
- Power Consumption: 0.3 Watts (with power switch)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 105 °C / -40 to 221 °F
- Bluetooth Standard: 2.1/2.0/1.2/1.1
- Range: 50 feet (Line of Sight)
- Antenna: Internal
- OBDII/CAN Protocols: ISO-9141, VPW, PWM, KWP 2000
- Compatible Fuels: Gasoline, Diesel, Ethanol, E85, CNG, Methanol, LPG
- Compatible Mobile Devices: All Android OS-based smartphones