The first workable off-the-shelf OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) GPS solution for in-vehicle navigation is now available in South Africa. Garmin is the world leader in GPS technology with turn-by-turn voice prompting vehicle routing and have now coupled this technology in the GVN 51, leading the way in the black box solution.
Just adding a compatible display such as a video mirror or coupling to an existing display will enable the driver to use the Garmin’s GPS navigator with full on screen mapping and directions together with the auto-routing voice prompts. The infra red remote controller is used to interface with the GPS unit.
Garmin GVN-51 Features:
- Route Planning can be selected according to the preference of either off-road, shorter distance or faster time.
- Turn-by-Turn navigational routing for arriving at the destination point.
- Automatic recalculation when there departs from the original route.
- Voice Prompting.
- Can edit and save up to 500 waypoints.
- Can save or edit up to 50 travel routes.
- Can automatically save up to 2000 tracks.
- Information on the mileage for each leg, the average speed for the whole trip, the maximum speed and the accumulated time.
- Display the name of next intersection, next turn, moving direction, current time, distance to the destination, current speed, time to arrive at the final destination, satellite status, time to next turn, distance to the next turn and other navigational data can be shown in the Map page.