Take your ride to the next level with Edge 305, Garmin's GPS-enabled personal trainer and cycle computer. With a wireless heart rate monitor and speed/cadence sensor, Edge 305 will help you achieve your personal best.
Get the Data You Need
Rugged, lightweight Edge attaches easily to the stem or handlebars of your bike with the included bike mount. Just turn it on, acquire GPS satellites and go. Edge 305 automatically measures your speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, and records this data for your review. For extra-precise climb and descent data, Edge 305 also incorporates a barometric altimeter to pinpoint changes in elevation.
Other Edge features:
* Easy to install; no calibration required. Just snap it into the bike mount and go.
* High-sensitivity GPS receiver tracks your position even in tree cover and canyons, making it extremely reliable for distance and speed information.
* Virtual PartnerÂ® lets you race a virtual competitor over a specified distance and speed.
* Courses let you race against a previously recorded workout, so you can compare your current and past performances over the same ride.
* Auto PauseÂ® pauses the timer when you slow down or stop and resumes when you speed up again, so you can focus on your ride.
* Auto LapÂ® automatically starts a new lap each time you pass a specified location or travel a preset distance.
Measure Your Heart Rate and Cadence
Edge 305 comes packaged with a heart rate monitor, speed/cadence sensor, or both. These wireless sensors use ANT technology to send valuable workout data to the Edge.
* Edge 305 + heart rate â€” measure your heart rate and track your heart rate zone with the lightweight, comfortable heart rate strap. Don't worry about cross-talk; ANT technology eliminates interference from other heart rate monitors.
* Edge 305 + cadence â€” monitor your pedaling cadence and wheel speed as you ride with the self-calibrating, wireless speed/cadence sensor that attaches securely to your bike. You can even use it to train indoors because the sensor attaches to your rear wheel.
Track Your Progress
As an added benefit, you can plan, analyze and store data from your workouts using free Garmin Training CenterÂ® software, which lets you analyze data with interactive graphs that chart your speed, time, heart rate and elevation. Overlay your ride on a map so you can pinpoint specific areas and see how elevation and other factors affect your performance. Or, upload your workout data to MotionBased.com, Garmin's web-based application that provides in-depth analysis of your workouts, online mapping and route sharing that will take your training to the next level. Endurance athletes can also use the Edge with TrainingPeaks.com, an easy-to-use web-based training system designed to help athletes train for any event.
Edge 305: Give your training the Edge
Physical & Performance:
Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 1.75" x 3.7" x 0.9" (4.4 x 9.4 x 2.3 cm)
Display size, WxH: 1.17" x 1.44" (3.0 x 3.7 cm)
Display resolution, WxH: 128 x 160 pixels
Weight: 3.1 oz (88 g)
Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
Battery life: 12 hours, typical
Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
High-sensitivity receiver: yes
RoHS version available: yes
Maps & Memory:
Ability to add maps: no
Accepts data cards: no
Lap history: 1000 laps
Heart rate monitor: yes (some versions)
Bike speed/cadence sensor: yes (some versions)
Foot pod: no
Automatic sync (automatically transfers workouts to your computer): no
Garmin Connectâ„¢ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): yes (coming in January 2008)
Garmin Training Centerâ„¢ software compatible: yes
Virtual PartnerÂ® (train against a digital person): yes
Courses (compete against previous workouts): yes
Auto PauseÂ® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): yes
Auto LapÂ® (automatically starts a new lap): yes
Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): no
Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button): no
Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): yes
Simple workouts (input time, distance and pace goals): yes
Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): yes
Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): yes
Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): yes
Customizable screen(s): yes
Barometric altimeter: yes
Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): no
Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT + Sportâ„¢-enabled power meters): no
What's in the Box:
* Edge 305
* Heart rate monitor and/or speed cadence sensor
* Bike mount
* Garmin Training CenterÂ® CD
* AC charger
* USB cable
* Owner's manual
* Quick reference guide
* 1 year warranty card